Foundation | Core Module | Includes Practicals
This module will cover an introduction to Legaltech. The ever-changing and ever-growing tech industry is essential in understanding Legaltech.
We will dive into the meaning of Legaltech and its relevance in the current industry. You will gain an understanding of the brief history of Legaltech dated back to the ’70s before we break the topic down into its many segments.
We will cover the tools and processes in Legaltech, and evaluate their impact on the law industry.
It is one thing understanding legaltech and its many benefits, however, it is equally important to understand the best way to adopt Legal technologies within firms and businesses.
The module will also cover the drive for efficiency and the role of legal technology. Finally, we will evaluate the current exciting Legaltech ecosystems along with their market value.
- Understand ‘Legaltech’ and LawTech definitions, Key terms and concepts
- An understanding of why Legaltech matters
- Knowledge on the brief history of Legaltech and how it has developed over the years
- An understanding of the various segments within Legaltech
- Knowledge of the different tools and processes that are used within Legaltech
- An understanding of the impact Legaltech has on the Law service industry
- Knowledge of the key drivers behind adopting legaltech, and the importance of adopting it
- An understanding of the wider legaltech ecosystem and navigating the legaltech ecosystem
- A summary of international tech adoption trends
The following LTIC Overview was delivered at the LTIC Open Day on 19th November 2020 by Christina Blacklaws, Head of Faculty, LTIC.
Apply now for our February 2021 Cohort.
Applications close End January 2021.